Putting our members at the heart of everything we do
As we’re a mutual society, we have a strict set of values that we believe help us to provide our members with the best products and services we can offer. You’ll be well aware of the bad press that banks have received over recent times, and we believe the way we operate sets us apart, and makes us a secure and trustworthy financial institution.
1. To remain mutual acting at all times in our members interests
2. To provide products that our members value
3. To provide an individual experience for every member
4. To be a place where people want to work
5. To ask, listen and respond
6. To remain focussed on evolving our technology to meet the changing needs of our members
1. We value our heritage of mutuality which means we have no shareholders. The Society is owned by you the member and run for your benefit.
2. We have helped generations of members save for and protect their families for nearly 200 years.
3. We believe in conducting our business with integrity and ensuring that your savings are treated fairly and responsibly.
4. We are committed to creating an environment in which our staff feel valued and motivated to achieve the best possible member outcomes.
Our values and principles underpin our company, and provide an insight into the standards that should be set by a modern mutual. Since our foundation in 1826 we have continually adapted our products and services to remain innovative, but the foundations of the company have always remained. We’ve been providing financial security for almost 200 years; you can trust us.