Before you begin…
Thank you for choosing Shepherds Friendly to save for the future of a child you love with our Young Saver Plan. Before you start the application please read our Important Information about us document and the following documents below, and once done, press ‘get started’
Important things to consider
- How the investment performs may vary during the term of the plan. Because of this the child could receive a higher or lower sum than you expect at the end of the plan and may not get back as much as you have paid in.
- The amount of bonus paid each year is related to the total amount of sickness benefit paid out, and the investment performance of Shepherds Friendly’s funds. Therefore the bonus will fluctuate over the term of the plan.
- If money is taken out of the plan at age 11 the child is unlikely to get back as much as we originally told you they would because of this early withdrawal.
- If the plan is stopped and money is taken out at any time before the end of the plan you may have to pay to do so. This cost could be more or less than the examples in this leaflet.
In order to complete this application you will need the following:
- If you are not the child’s parent or legal guardian, you will need some personal details of the child’s parent or legal guardian, including their name, date of birth and address
- If you are not the child’s parent or legal guardian, then the parent or legal guardian will have to give consent online within the application process for you to open the plan
- Details of whether the child has ever suffered an illness or disability that lasted for one month or longer and that medical or surgical treatment was required for
- Identification for the child you are opening the plan for. This could be either a passport number, a birth certificate number, or an NHS medical number. If you do not have any of these, then just select ‘not supplied’.
- The bank account number and sort code of the account you wish to make payments into the University Savings Plan from.