Before you begin…
Before you begin your application for our Income Protection Plan, you should make sure you understand the plan that you’re applying for. In order to do this please read our Important Information document, as well as our Key Features document below. You can download this and keep it safe for future reference.
Please be aware that if you do not answer all of the following questions truthfully and accurately, we may not pay a claim and could cancel the policy
Important things to consider
- If you stop paying premiums under this plan, your benefit will cease.
- If your income increases and you do not review your benefit level, you may not have sufficient benefit to meet your needs when you make a claim.
- If your income decreases and you do not review your benefit level, you may not be able to claim the full amount of benefit you applied for when the plan started, or you may only be entitled to House Persons Benefit if you are unemployed at the date of incapacity.
- If you cancel your plan, you will not receive any money back.
- Benefits received from this plan may affect your entitlement to any other benefit.
- If you do not give us accurate and honest answers about your health and lifestyle, we may not pay the benefit in the event of a claim.
In order to complete this application you will need the following:
- Your National Insurance Number.
- Details of your current employment, including;
– Your employers name
– Your job title
- The amount of time you’ve been employed for
- The sort code and account number of the bank account you wish to make payments from
- If you are self-employed you will need details of your net profit for each of the last three years, as well as your expected net profit for the next 12 months and your gross earnings for the last 12 months
- If you are employed you will need details of sick pay benefits you receive from your current employment, including the monthly amount and the number of months you receive benefits for
- If you are employed on a fixed term contract you will need to provide details of the end date of this contract
- In order to apply of our Income Protection Plan you must be in employment, either employed or self-employed
- Once you have all of this information to hand, please press ‘Get Started’. The process should take around 10 minutes to complete..