- Past performance cannot be taken as a guarantee of future returns.
- The value of the JISA depends on the future performance of the investments held in the fund and the bonuses we distribute from any profits arising from these investments.
- HM Revenue and Customs may change the tax status of a Junior ISA in the future.
- Inflation may affect the purchasing value of the investment in the future.
- The money invested into a Junior ISA cannot be withdrawn early; it can only be withdrawn by the child when they reach the age of 18 years old.
- If you transfer the plan to another provider, or if you leave the money invested for more than three months after the child’s 18th birthday, then we will calculate the value of the investments that you hold within the With–Profits Fund to ensure that you leave with your fair share. If you have been invested through periods of poor investment performance, you may get back less than the current value of your plan. This is known as a Market Value Reduction (MVR).
When you take out an investment product with us your capital is at risk and you may get back less than you have put in. All references to taxation are to UK taxation and are based on Shepherds Friendly Society’s understanding of current legislation and H M Revenue and Customs practice which may change in the future. Investment growth is by means of bonuses, the amount of which cannot be guaranteed throughout the term of the contract. Please ensure that you read the full terms and conditions of this plan which are available from your financial adviser or by contacting us directly.
Please note: No advice has been given by Shepherds Friendly, and if you are in any doubt as to whether a savings plan is suited to your needs, then you should contact a financial adviser. There may be a charge for financial advice, and the cost should be confirmed to you before any advice is given.