Before you begin…
Thank you for choosing Shepherds Friendly to save for the future of a child you love with our Junior Money Maker. Before you start the application please read our Important Information about us document and the following documents below, and once done, press ‘get started’
Important things to consider
- How the investment performs may vary during the term of the Plan. Because of this the child could receive a higher or lower sum than you expect at the end of the plan and may not get back as much as you have paid in.
- The amount of bonus paid each year is related to the investment performance of Shepherds Friendly’s funds and the total amount of sickness benefit paid out to all customers who have this type of Plan. Therefore the bonus may fluctuate from year to year throughout the term of the Plan.
- If you end your plan before its maturity date, we will calculate the value of the investments that you hold to ensure that you leave the With-Profits fund with your fair share. If you have been invested through periods of poor investment performance, you may get back less than the current value of your plan.
- If the Plan is stopped and money is taken out at any time before the end of the Plan you will have to pay a surrender penalty.
- The tax treatment of these Plans could change in the future.
In order to complete this application you will need the following:
- If you are not the child’s parent or legal guardian, you will need some personal details for the child’s parent or legal guardian, including their name, date of birth and address
- If you are not the child’s parent or legal guardian, then the parent or legal guardian will have to give consent online within the application process for you to open the plan
- Details of whether the child has ever suffered an illness or disability that lasted for one month or longer and that medical or surgical treatment was required for
- Identification for the child you are opening the plan for. This could be either a passport number, a birth certificate number, or an NHS medical number. If you do not have any of these, then just select ‘not supplied’.
- The bank account number and sort code of the account you wish to make payments into the Junior Money Maker from.