As the UK continues to adapt to the ever-changing circumstances surrounding Covid-19, we’re here to support our members throughout what is still a challenging time for many. 2020 was extremely testing on so many fronts and we know that some of our members have suffered pain and hardship . While there now appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel, we would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere sympathies and well-wishes to any of our members who have been directly affected by the pandemic.
We have been adapting and evolving since 1826 and will continue to do so with the aim of putting members and staff first. When the first lockdown began, we acted quickly to protect our staff and their families, as well as our members’ interests. Our carefully considered yet timely actions have allowed us to adhere to government guidelines while still providing a service where our members can contact us in the same ways they are used to.
We’re committed to keeping our members informed as the situation continues to shift. Here is the latest update:
We’re here to help
We understand that, as the situation continues to change, our members might have more questions than usual. Our team is here to help resolve any queries you may have about your plan.
With some workplaces having been closed for some time in line with government advice, we know that some of our members may be experiencing financial difficulty, which could mean that you’re having trouble keeping up with payments. If you have found yourself in this situation, please get in touch and our Member Services team will be able to discuss your options with you. You can contact us via telephone or email for assistance.
What has changed?
In order to follow government guidelines, protect our staff and support our members, we’ve made a few changes. Below is a summary of what’s been happening behind the scenes:
- After working remotely through various lockdowns, we are taking slow, measured and careful steps in order to facilitate a return to the office for our team. With Covid-19 persisting, there may be times where we may need to close the office as a safety precaution. In these instances, we will share a notice on our home page to keep you up to date. While we always aim to respond to members in a timely manner, please note that there may be a slight increase in waiting times for phone and email enquiries when the office is closed.
- Our opening hours have changed. We are now open Monday to Thursday: 9am – 5pm and Friday: 9am – 4pm.
- With more staff now back in the office, we’re able to receive and process postal communications more frequently. However, please note that we’ve reduced our overall paper communications for your convenience, to reduce our carbon footprint and save money that could go back to our members. This means that, in certain situations, we have replaced mail correspondence with emails, texts or voice messages, meaning we can reach members more quickly.
- We’ve introduced new digital features for our members such as an online claims form and an Income Protection waiting period calculator. This way, members can get support without having to pick up the phone.
- We have also shared helpful advice and guidance for members affected by Covid-19 and added some useful articles to Your Resource Centre.
Getting in touch with us
We’re committed to supporting you when you need us. So, if you have a question or need to talk to us, you are welcome to contact us.
Before you do get in touch, why not take a look at our website and see if you can get an instant answer to your query? We’ve pulled together a series of useful articles that could contain all the answers you need. You may wish to take a look at the below links, for example:
- Questions about your Shepherds Friendly Income Protection Plan?
- Questions about your Shepherds Friendly Investment Plan or Stocks and Shares ISA?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website and still need to speak to us, our friendly and knowledgeable Member Services team will be happy to help. You can reach us via telephone or email:
Tel: 0800 526 249
Email: [email protected]
Please note that, at times, we may experience high volumes of calls from members. During such times, you may need to wait a little longer than usual to speak to us. If you don’t wish to wait on the phone, you can email us and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
We would like to take a moment to say thank you to all our members. Your ongoing support and understanding at this time are truly appreciated.
Last updated 12/07/2021