As the UK continues to adapt to the ever-changing circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re here to support our members through what remains a challenging time for many of us. The past few years have been extremely testing on so many fronts and we know that some of our members have suffered pain and hardship. We would like to take this opportunity to offer our sincere sympathies and well-wishes to any of our members who have been directly affected by the pandemic, and to reiterate that we are here to support you during this difficult time.
We have been adapting and evolving since 1826 and will continue to do so with the aim of putting members and staff first. When the first lockdown began, we acted quickly to protect our staff and their families, as well as our members’ interests. As circumstances change, we will continue to closely follow government guidance and carefully consider our actions to ensure we can provide the same reliable service that our members have come to expect while keeping staff safe. Here is the latest update:
We’re here to help
We understand that, as the situation continues to change, our members might have more questions than usual. Our team is here to help resolve any and all queries you may have about your plan.
With the effects of numerous lockdowns continuing to have an impact, we know that some of our members may be experiencing financial difficulty, which could mean that you’re having trouble keeping up with payments. If you find yourself in this situation, please get in touch and our Member Services team will be able to discuss your options with you. You can contact us via telephone or email for assistance.
What has changed?
In order to follow government guidelines, protect our staff and support our members, we’ve made a few changes. Below is a summary of what has been happening behind the scenes:
- After working remotely through various lockdowns, we are taking slow, measured and careful steps in order to facilitate a return to the office for our team. With the persistence of COVID-19, there may be times where we may need to close the office as a safety precaution. In these instances, we will share a notice on our home page to keep you up to date. While we always aim to respond to members in a timely manner, please note that there may be a slight increase in waiting times for phone and email enquiries when the office is closed.
- Our opening hours have changed. We are now open Monday to Thursday: 9am – 5pm and Friday: 9am – 4pm.
- With more staff back in the office, we are able to receive and process postal communications more frequently. However, please note that we’ve reduced our overall paper communications for your convenience, to reduce our carbon footprint and to save money that could go back to our members. This means that, in certain situations, we have replaced mail correspondence with emails, texts or voice messages, which also means we can reach members more quickly.
- We’ve introduced new digital features for our members, such as an online claims form and an Income Protection waiting period calculator. This way, members can get support without having to pick up the phone.
- We have also shared helpful advice and guidance for members affected by COVID-19 and we have added some useful articles to Your Resource Centre.
Getting in touch with us
We are committed to supporting you when you need us. If you have a question or need to talk to us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Before you contact us, why not take a look at our website and see if you can get an instant answer to your query? We’ve pulled together a series of useful articles that could contain all the answers you need. You may wish to take a look at the links below, for example:
- Questions about your Shepherds Friendly Income Protection Plan?
- Questions about your Shepherds Friendly Investment Plan or Stocks and Shares ISA?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our website and still need to speak to us, our friendly and knowledgeable Member Services team will be happy to help. You can reach us via telephone or email:
Tel: 0800 526 249
Email: [email protected]
Please note that, at times, we may experience high volumes of calls from members. During such times, you may need to wait a little longer than usual to speak to us. If you don’t wish to wait on the phone, you can email us and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
We would like to take a moment to say thank you to all our members. Your ongoing support and understanding at this time are truly appreciated.
Last updated 13/12/2021